Monday, March 21, 2016

Return of the Living Dead part II


There's George Romero zombie flicks. And then there is everything else. There is an entire franchise of Return of the Living Dead zombie films, and I've only seen the first three. Someone needs to release a restored, uncut version of the the third one on dvd or blu-ray. Or something. I will not buy a copy of the third installment specifically for that reason. And from what I have gathered about part II, the dvd I have has an alternate soundtrack. I honestly don't remember what the original soundtrack is, so I personally never noticed a difference when I watched this recently and I still enjoyed it. I just love the cover art for this movie as well. I just looks so... metal. As far as liking the film itself, I think it's on par with the first one- except there's no punk chick running through a graveyard butt-ass naked. That's a shame. The acting is great, I loved the special effects, and my favorite scene is probably where a zombie gets blown in half by a double barrel shotgun and you can see all the glistening sludge and blood on it's body as the bottom half of it's torso still walks around. Very kick ass.

  Damn, it's down pouring.

Who wears headphones while driving a jeep?

Old school comic books!

These kids are douches.

An honest thief? That's hilarious.

Hot chicks and workout tapes. Bbbooooooonnnnneeeeerrrrrr.

Beheading a dead body shouldn't matter. They're already dead.

I still can't figure out why women in the 80's are so much hotter than women nowadays.

Tarman! Again!

Slimy, sludgy and ooey-gooey.

The zombie that looks like Leatherface is priceless.

A still functioning, severed zombie head is pretty disturbing.

I guess Billy was hungry.

Billy biting into someone's head as if it was an apple was pretty great. And there are a lot of  other violent scenes in this film that make it pretty watchable if you like seeing people getting eaten, torn apart and stabbed in the mouth. Wait, that was Billy too. That kid deserved it. Oh well. Kids these days. If you really are a fan of the original and have never seen or bothered with the sequel, I recommend giving it a solid shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Where's the brain salad? 

No comments:

Post a Comment