Sunday, March 27, 2016

Box Set - itis: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Classic Series Collection


Without even saying anything or describing what this particular box contains, 95% of you reading this will already know what this is and why it's important. I know, this has nothing to do with horror or horror film collecting, but it's a box set that I have in my collection (horror or not) that I just felt like I had to commit a post to. And plus, at this time, I haven't watched anything recently for note taking. Ooopps. I'll get to that soon. Don't worry, zits and zombies. When Lionsgate first put this into print I believe back in 2011 or 2012, it was balls expensive. Somewhere around $200-$400 (online anyways) would get you the entire, 10 season run of the greatest cartoon ever made. My personal favorite. 99% of my childhood in a box. The one, the only... 80's TMNT cartoon. Now that it's more commercially available (thanks to those who spent that wad when it was first put out) it is $59.99 at Best Buy, brand new, for all of the turtles fans out there to finally have the entire series in one spot and not have to hunt down dvd after dvd to have all the episodes. And, on the box, it states that there is over three hours of bonus content. Cowabunga.

Price I paid: $59.99

Where did I find it?: Best Buy (Joliet, IL)

Print: Lionsgate

Run#: Probably the third or fourth. I just wish Lionsgate would've done a little more work on the packaging. The party wagon is great, it's just that there's no solid way to secure it when it's closed and the dvd's can easily fall out if you're not careful. I've done it twice already.

Movies included: All ten seasons of the original 80's TMNT cartoon. Including 3 hours of bonus material and extra episodes as well.

Is it worth it?: Of course it is! It's cheaper and a lot easier than hunting down all of the individual dvd's and seasons. Unless you've done so already and you want to upgrade, that's on you. It also takes up less shelf space.

Final: Every old school turtles fan needs this. Re-live dimension x. Shredder. Krang. Be-bop and Rocksteady. 23 dvd's of your childhood right here in one spot. Sixty dollars is all you need. It's so much more fun than a time machine.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment