Friday, March 18, 2016

The doctor is out, Larry Drake





















It's always a sad day when we hear of someone influential in entertainment passes on, but they more than likely are artists that have helped, healed and touched people in ways that most other people can't. Or maybe never will. I honestly never did (and still really don't know) much about the actor Larry Drake. The only thing I've really ever seen him act in is Dr. Giggles, and it has always been one of my all time favorite cheesy horror flicks. I'm pretty sure that most everyone has seen Dr. Giggles. Larry Drake's delivery and rapid dark humor propelled Dr. Giggles to be one of the best slasher films out there, and I'm sure anything else that he acted in that I have never seen is probably on that same level.

Gazing at his list of acting credits, he stuck with some cult type of material (as in the first two Darkman films) and he was also in American Pie 2, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Johnny Bravo and LA Law among other tv shows and movies that is drawn into a very long, healthy list. He is an actor that will be missed by his fans (including me- now I just need to watch more with him in acting in it) and there sadly will never be a legitimate chance of there ever being a sequel to Dr. Giggles. Who am I kidding, there never would have been anyway.  

You will be missed, good sir.

66 years was to early. May you rest in pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment