Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Willies


As far as anthology horror flicks go, it's hit or miss for me. I love the first two Creepshow movies, Trick r' Treat (with Sam) is fantastic and John Carpenter's Body Bags is legendary. Even an anthology film such as Campfire Tales (I plan on writing a post about that some time soon. I have it on VHS) is pretty kick ass and is chock full of people that I think most of you would recognize. On the other side of the coin, there's complete garbage not worth wasting your time with such as Creepshow III, Nightmare Alley and Visions of Horror. Those three films make me sick to my stomach because they are so fucking bad, I can't believe I actually paid money for those while I was out movie hunting. The Willies, however, is a sure-fire bag of fun that just builds on itself as the film progresses and there are some familiar faces in here as well such as Sean Astin and Donkey Lips from Salute your Shorts. The way it compiles together is basically each story, one after the other, is set out to out do the one before it. And they get longer with each progressive story as well until the one at the end is roughly 30-40 minutes and I felt like the wrap around story tied it all together very cleanly in a neat little package that left me wanting there to be a sequel with the same exact cast, just with different stories. That's how much I enjoyed The Willes, and I think all of you zits and zombies would agree.

I have lots of great memories that involve camping. Including "the armpit fart band." That's a good one.

What's grosser than gross?

This woman doesn't need a fifteen piece bucket of chicken and a large chocolate shake.

Deep fried rat. Extra crispy.

"Father Hackett, ready to whack it." Now that's funny.

I'm always severely disturbed when someone puts an animal in a microwave. I can't handle that shit.

Why does the asshole, bully kid have to wear an Iron Maiden shirt? That makes us metal heads look bad.

A Garbage Pail Kids sticker inside that urinal. I love finding easter eggs.

Smartest, most accomplished monster ever.

Donkey Lips!

 It sure looks like a meth lab in here. It sure smells like a meth lab in here.

K.O.R.N. news? A coincidence or is this where Korn got there name from?

If you're not really into anthology horror and have already dismissed this as a waste of time, don't pass it by. I beg of you. It's so much fun. If anything, watch the last story that has Donkey Lips as the main character. It's really bizarre as it has him being a complete social outcast and he's obsessed with entomology and dead flies. He even bakes a batch of "chocolate chips cookies" and gives one to some girl at school only to have her take a bite and get a mouthful of cookie with flies in it. It's damn disgusting. And that's why it's great. This might be my new favorite anthology horror movie as of right now. Until something else flies around. That was bad. Sorry.   

No comments:

Post a Comment