Monday, June 20, 2016

The Unborn


Having no notes at the beginning of the weekend, my wife suggested we watch The Unborn together. Her and her mom had watched it the night before while I was killing myself at work, and they both really enjoyed it. I went out and got some dinner for us, we put the table together and she found the film on Netflix and had it ready when we were. Right when the movie starts, the dreaded Platinum Dunes logo appears. I almost told her to just stop it right there. If you don't know what Platinum Dunes is, it's a film production studio owned by none other than the over-budget, over-CGI king himself- Michael Bay. But then I remembered that the Texas Chainsaw re-make and Texas Chainsaw: The Beginning were both put out by Platinum Dunes as well, and surprisingly enough, both of those horror flicks kick some serious ass. So I didn't say anything and just let the film go. I was surprised at just how tight the story is more than anything. And it has Meagan Good as a main character. I still want a piece of that Mrs. Good bar. 

   Long distance runner.

That's a new way to look at "baby blues".

Gives fig newton's a whole new meaning.

   Better poach them eggs.

Jumby wants to be born now.

"Those glasses are giving me wood. I don't know why."

Sorry Cecil but "beghoul"!

Reel to reels. Holy crap.

Now we know whats up with Jumby.

There's some weird magic going on here.

A woman? A little hormonal? Heh.

Silent Hill 2 comes to mind.

It's illegal to have your little brother in bed with you, isn't it?


It might actually be interesting to read a book about mirrors.

That kid needs some sun.

 Honestly, to me, The Unborn was better than I expected even though I find paranormal type horror flicks for the most part to be boring. The acting was very good, Meagan Good was still hot and the story was more interesting than normal with this sort of fare. You basically have a young woman who keeps seeing visions of a boy that says weird shit like "Jumby wants to be born now" and then you find out she had a twin brother that was never born that wants to be born all of a sudden. That's just hitting the surface of what's going on here, and if you're interested in watching this, that's really all you need to know. It also contains a few cliche's from the The Exorcist as well. Now I want watch Basket Case and eat some Mr. Goodbars. Damn you Meagan.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment