Friday, June 10, 2016

Westworld


This is one of the very first rentals from my local library last weekend, as I had never heard of it. Westworld is most definitely not horror, but consists of very smart writing, directing and casting as everything in this film gels very well together for an incredibly enjoyable sci-fi experience. Delos is comprised of three "worlds" that are made up of sets and near human-like androids that are programmed to act and react as if they were real people in any of the three said settings. There is Medieval World, Roman Era World and, of course, West World. These make up one big vacationing spot known as "Delos" where you pay $1,000 a day and you get to live out your every whim and fantasy "where nothing can go wrong." Yeah. That's what she said. Eh-hem. Pull your pants up, sir. Our main men Peter and John choose to go vacationing in West World to rough up some guys, drink, get down with some local ladies (even though they are droids as well) and do some pistol whippin'. I wrote this in my notes, but personally, I would have chosen Medieval World. That's just me.  

Delos sounds great. When can I go?

$1,000 a day?!

The pilot looks like he's playing Shockwave on the 3DO.

 I would personally rather go to Medieval World.

An imaginative vacation. Perfected.

Cheap bastards.

Practice that gun slingin', pawt' na'.

"It may look rough, but it's still a resort." That's beautiful, sir. Beautiful.

Three blasts and he's down!

Forget robbing the bank. It's time for some pussy.

Happy as a lark.

Steel tub bath. Old school.

"Jailbreak" from Thin Lizzy comes to mind.

These guys control everything.

 I'll try not to give it away, but once you see all of the behind the scenes of how these greedy scientist guys are controlling everything, the film opens up and you will be glued until the end. I think my favorite thing about where the idea from this movie came from is the fact that it was written and directed by one of my favorite authors- Michael Crichton. Yes, the same author that wrote Jurassic Park (my all time favorite film), The Lost World and Congo. I should dig deeper zits and zombies, but I need to see if he directed any other movies besides Westworld. He did a damn great job. Wholly recommended if you're in the mood for a very intricate, well planned sci-fi flick. You too, could use a vacation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment