Friday, September 9, 2016

Blood Lake


First of all, I want to point out that there is a 2014 horror flick with the same name. I haven't had the want or the chance to see it, so I'm just going to go ahead right now and say that the newer film called Blood Lake is probably leaps and bounds better than the SOV flick that I watched last night before going to sleep. I was actually pretty excited about this one initially because, well, it's an SOV. And SOV's bring me great joy most of the time because of how bottom of the barrel they are. But Blood Lake-just rubbed me the wrong way. It's so goddamned boring that I actually fell asleep a couple of times while I was taking notes. I know, I know-every SOV out there has a cult following and I know there are people out there that dig this film because of the horrendously written plot (if there is one) and characters that are dumber than dirt. With these horror offerings though, there still has to be some kind of a limit. Even one of my favorites that I've referred to on here many times (Sledgehammer) has it's boundaries and it ends up being wildly entertaining because of it. Sure, it's loaded with overwhelming amounts of pointless slow motion editing, teens drinking and dancing like morons in a living room and one of the greatest food fights of all time-but those things are there for entertainment value. Blood Lake has nothing. No dancing, no slow motion and no food fights. Just under-age drinking, under-age flirting and under-age stupidity.

 Stab yer' partner round and round, make sure they're dead on the ground!

I didn't know that Beavis and Butthead were in an 80's SOV flick!

 Finally, the drive to the lake is over.

To many mullets. Just to many.

"Mike, you going to be a butthole this weekend, or are you going to let me drink?"

What a dick. Eh, it was a good prank.

A shmoke and a pancake?

Well, at least a water skiing montage is a creative way to add padding to a movie.

 Yay, let's play quarters and smoke weed.

Muff diving!

People finally start dying. At 48 minutes.

Yes, you read that right zits and zombies-none of these dim-witted imbeciles start getting killed until roughly about the 48 minute mark. That's a long time to wait unless you count the random gardener guy that gets stabbed literally right when the movie starts. Other than that, you're left with 47 sweet minutes of water skiing, some jack-ass 12 year old kid that keeps trying to bang the only 12 year old girl at the lake with them, a shit ton of under-age drinking, a 10-15 minute long segment of all of the older teens sitting at a table playing quarters, smoking weed and stripping and a very long winded scene of them all driving down a bunch of random streets to get to the lake in the first place. I know I watched this for free because I downloaded it from YouTube, but I don't even think it deserves to take up space on my external hard drive. Unless you're in the mood to get bored quickly, just stay away from Blood Lake. It's not worth it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment