Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Hack O Lantern


I have mentioned Cecil of GoodBadFlicks in the past, and he's the reason I found out about this film in the first place. Not on YouTube, he did make a video review about this film on his actual website before his main migration over to that space where he does his reviews and other videos full time. That's something I wish I could do. Hell, I wish I could just do this right here for you guys full time and I would never have to break my damn back doing jobs that I never feel like I'm supposed to be doing. Moving on-I kind went on a personal quest to try to find Hack O Lantern in one print or another, and I quickly found out that it never made it past the VHS era of movie distribution, which is sad because it deserves better in my slime covered opinion. There have been rumors flying around the horror community for a while now that Massacre Video has been working on a 4K blu-ray transfer, but that was some time ago last year, and I still can't find much of anything. For the love of Cthulhu, just finish it up! Get this film back out there! There are collectors out there wanting an official print beyond the hard to come by VHS! Hy Pike! Tommy! Satan! Heavy Metal! Hot nude blonde girls! It's all here!!   

What grandpa isn't badass without a truck full of pumpkins?

Tommy is very, very special....

"But mom, I like the taste of blood. Grandpa says it's good for me."

Grandpa listens to DIO and worships Satan? Cool!

Raspiest cackle ever.

I think by now, Tommy would have figured out that Grandpa is full of shit.

Hot chick in the bath tub. Nothing to complain about here.

So even satanists have messy bedrooms. See, they're not so different from us.

Fucking Metal!!

 "Normally, I'd say screw her brains out. But I don't think she's got any."

Bloody Mary. How fitting.

Music is to loud for the dialogue!

This film is a total must for any of you zits and zombies out there in the middle of collecting because you enjoy really cheesy, bad horror. That's my forte'. It's a lot of fun and Massacre Video needs to get on that shit and release the blu-ray already so we all can go online and buy it. There are a lot of dumb moments in this movie, but I will say the stupidest is the part with the stand-up comedian outside the party towards the end. His jokes are so fucking bad that I really hope that he didn't get paid to be in the movie. I don't even really understand why that part was kept in during the editing process to begin with. All I know is is that it's awful and you can live without seeing that guy again. If you like seeing old men act Satanic and wearing their ceremonial robe on top of farmer clothes while doing a blood ritual, have at it. You only live once, and going from Blade Runner to Hack O Lantern means you never had a real acting career in the first place. Sorry Hy. That's the truth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment