Monday, February 6, 2017

Black Past


My initial foray into extreme gore/horror flicks was The Burning Moon, which was directed by none other than German splatter genius Olaf Ittenbach. After experiencing such a frothy, bloody, brutal and dark look at religion, straight human hatred and selfish, drug-fueled suicidal want, I had to seek out other moving art from Olaf. I soon found out about his directorial debut Black Past, which also had a high price tag attached to it considering the fact that the VHS was ridiculously difficult to happen upon, let alone the fact that if you ever did find it the asking price would burn a hole in your savings account. Much in the same vain as The Burning Moon, I pored over the trailer for Black Past many times hoping that I would have a chance to see what sick, twisted and utterly fucked up puddles of gore I would have to soak my virgin toes in to make it to the end of insanity that Olaf so wanted to offend everyone with. Gladly (and surprisingly) Massacre Video has put their transfer of Black Past on dvd recently for us degenerates to buy off of their website as well as Amazon. I still really haven't decided if I like this more than The Burning Moon, but some of the viscera in this film snuffs out some of the other, especially the scene where Thommy gets his penis nailed to a 2x4 (you actually physically see it happen) and then have it cut off with a very dull looking blade. I cringed like a motherfucker, but the point is that Olaf achieved what he wanted-total, unadulterated, brutal pain. I don't think I can have kids anymore. 

Coked out Christian.

I have visions of gory aftermaths after I read the Bible too.

My vote goes to this guy's Cosby sweater for being the ugliest design that no one has ever seen.

There was no need to see Thommy's ass.

Fucking street-toughs.

What's in the chest? Gems? Gold? Pirates treasure? No... just a mirror and a book.

Pow, right between the eyes!

He's to young for sex? How old is he? Isn't he 18 or something?!

Splattered all over the street. Damn.

How touching. I actually might cry.

You know what-a screaming baby in the right context is just creepy and wrong.

Mirror, mirror on the wall-is this the most brutal shit of them all?

 To tell the truth, the plot in an Olaf Ittenbach film isn't the central reason to watch them. It's the death scenes and the gore. Lots of gore. You could shower in that shit if you had the chance, but all I'm going to say is that nothing is off screen in Black Past. You see everything that happens, and it's up to you when you want to cover your eyes if you ever wanted to. I've already mentioned one of the most gruesome depictions of pain contained herein, but another thing that takes place without ruining to much is someone gets sawed in half with a chainsaw, hanging upside down, crotch first. Once again, nothing is left to the imagination and it leaves you just wanting to vomit all over the floor because whatever was used for the special effects really just looks fucking disgusting. The suffering gets in your head and it penetrates your sub-conscious and causes you to have night terrors. It's that well put together. If you thought that The Human Centipede was the most disgusting horror flick you ever watched, you haven't seen shit until you've seen Black Past. I think I'm going to put a pizza in the oven. Toodles.   

No comments:

Post a Comment