Friday, February 17, 2017

Deathrow Gameshow


I had no way of knowing what I was getting myself into when I ran across Deathrow Gameshow by pure accident on Amazon Instant Video. And let me tell you something-it was one of the best accidents I've ever had. It tops all the times that I've ever pooped my pants in grade school, wet the bed when I was 10 or when I crushed in the whole front end of my gold Saturn when I was living in New Mexico for seven months. It hovers well above all of those embarrassing events that I would rather forget, and now that I've witnessed the heavy satire and deep dark humor of Deathrow Gameshow, there's really no way that could ever be possible. All of that awkward shit is permanently tattooed into the folds and grooves of my brain (along with all of the extra alcohol) to build up a long lasting kinship with this film in the form of men on death-row that get killed on national t.v. for the sake of ratings and Chuck Toedan's paycheck. The straight absurdity and context of this film comprises of elements from The Running Man and the video game Smash TV to create the greatest game show that never existed. You know what, this should be a real thing. There would be more room in prison. And our taxes would go down. See-there's positive things there already.

   Twisted for the 3DO, anyone?

Mummies that cuss uncontrollably make me smile.

Such a clean cut.

Kids never walk across the street in slow motion.

Good morning, boobs!

Knuckle deep, son. Knuckle deep.

"Every man dreams of being well hung." Oh, the sweet, sweet irony.

Dance of the seven boners. If only I had seven dicks.

I've heard of pulling the pud, but pulling the taffy? What a riot.

Who taught this spazoid how to park?!

Self absorbed Jewish prick. No-Italian.

Trudy is a space cadet.

Luigi loves his spaghetti.

       The plateau of psychotic logic that helps Deathrow Gameshow stand on it's hind legs is the simple fact that it's completely self-aware and never takes the time to hold the viewer's hand to gently nudge them into this world that it takes place in. That's truly one of it's strong points because it just expects you to either stick with it after the initial person from death-row has his head lobbed off with a guillotine, or to just shut it off. If you decide to watch it past that point, please... you're in for a hilarious ride. I'm going to go out on a limb here and state that this is almost on the same level as Blood Diner if you compare the type of humor and just off-the-wall business that Toedan puts some of these guys through on his game show. Yeah. It's in that league. I will recommend this to any of you zits and zombies that need a good, dark laugh where you can live in a world for 90 minutes where convicts get fried on t.v. for ratings and entertainment. But hey... isn't that the same as watching Jerry Springer?  

No comments:

Post a Comment