Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ghoul School


Originally, I had decided that I was an avid fan of Camp Motion Pictures based purely on the fact that they held the rights to both of the Video Violence films, before I had even seen or owned copies of them. How silly. But the very first movie I did run across a copy of put out by them was Ghoul School. The cover art looked so damn bad, and yet I was drawn to it. I was sold on it through the genius marketing of the really graphic and violent screenshots that are plastered on the back and the promise of a really gory, stupid, fun filled 79 minutes of my life. Those nihilistic bastards at Camp were totally correct. Ghoul School is the quintessential zombie b-flick that contains all of the horrendous acting, dialogue and get-your-hands-dirty special effects you could possibly ever be looking for. I for sure, have very much gotten my money's worth out of this dvd, and my passion for horror and campy sludge from the SOV underground sort of took off from this as it just wet my appetite even more to find the weirdest and wildest films I could get my viscera covered hands on. Oh, and this movie also makes me wish that zombies would show up at a basketball game and just start eating people. It's a dream of mine. A sick, strange dream of mine. 

Maintenance men and janitors are always out of shape.

Man, Jesus is such and asshole.

"Blood Sucking Ghouls." What a band name.

"Why did you never graduate from this shit-hole?" Gee. Let's think about it.

I fucking hated high school.

Alright. Enough with these shitty jokes already.

Take the red sweater off. Then we'll talk.

Goddamn, these guys suck.

Blue zombie chick!

That's one violent death for touching a t.v. with a bloody hand.

Gym class should always involve some kids guts being ripped out and throats being slashed. Slllaaaaaammmmm dunk!  

The skeleton of this film is this-these two douche-bags that are way to old to be going into a high school, break in because there's some drugs that one of them left inside the wall of the basement 15 or 20 years prior before they graduated. They break in. They shoot the janitor. No one notices. The one moron hits a button on the wall without knowing what it does and they both get sprayed with some chemical from the ceiling or the walls or something. You can't see the stuff coming out. Then they turn into blue zombies. Then the swim team turns into blue zombies. You hear the Blood Sucking Ghouls practice the same fucking song 50 times in a row (the whole band is terribly off sync from how it looks like they should be playing) and then all hell breaks loose, people get eaten and torn apart. Shots are fired with the cheapest looking 12 gauge known to man and in between all of that mess there are so many long, padded shots of plumbing and piping. So many. At the end of the day, Ghoul School sounds atrocious. But in reality, it's fun as hell and I would recommend it to any of you zits or zombies just starting out. Now, who's ready for some lay-ups?     

No comments:

Post a Comment