Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Box Set - itis: The Fly Collection


Growing up with a father that had probably the biggest VHS collection I can recall, the remake of The Fly with Jeff Goldblum had been a movie that I did watch quite often. I actually never knew until about a few years ago that the David Cronenburg version of The Fly was actually a remake. Shame on me. Both ways. I have this box with all three original fly films in it starring horror icon Vincent Price, and I still have yet to watch any of them. I think what made the remake so damn good is the atmosphere and the tension the main characters have within the context of the movie. If you've never seen it, now is the time. Hell, now is the time for me to start watching the original films. I've got time and energy for days. So does a fly. Although I'm not to keen on eating poop and puking on my food before I eat it. That's just wrong. And wrong. And wrong.

Price I paid: $14.99

Where did I find it?: Best Buy (Bolingbrook, IL)

Print: 20th Century Fox

Run#: I can never figure this shit out. 2%4**777&&)()(=+_=---+=

Movies included: The Fly, Return of the Fly, The Curse of the Fly, The Fly Collection Disc of Horrors

Is it worth it?: I haven't watched anything from this set as of yet, but I'm pretty sure it is. The films feature Vincent Price for Nosferatu's sake.

Final: Whether you've seen the remake or not, or even seen the original or not, this box feels like it needs to be on your shelf. Period. Just based on the fact that The Misfits wrote songs about these movies and that they star Vincent Price. That should be more than enough for any of you rotting bastards to spend $14.99 on a box with 3 films and a bonus disc. I hate the smell of Raid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment