Friday, August 5, 2016

Box Set - itis: Halloween Complete Collection


To be forthright with all of you, the Halloween franchise really has never been my favorite. There are plenty of great and not so great films and characters that fill up the ranks of Michael Meyers' kill score sheet, but the series honestly just has been all over the place over the years. It makes it kind of confusing and hard to follow, and that doesn't help it's case. That doesn't mean that I wasn't hoping for a complete collection, however. Just to have all of the films in one spot so I can watch them whenever I want is a real treat, and maybe it will make me more of a Halloween fan. Whether you get the 10 disc set (which is more of a bare bones set) or the 15 disc set is wholly up to you. I opted for the 10 disc set as I said- I'm not a big enough fan to spend the extra cash for the bigger box. And the smaller set fits nicer on my shelf with the rest of my blu's anyway.

Price I paid: $24.99

Where did I find it?: Amazon (US)

Print: Anchor Bay/Scream Factory

Run#: 10,000 with some whipped cream on top. Stop torturing me, Krysten Ritter. You're to hot for you're own good.  

Movies included: Halloween 1-5, Curse of Michael Meyers, H20, Resurrection, Rob Zombie Halloween 1&2

Is it worth it?: Even if you're not a hardcore Halloween fan, yes. It is. And stop bitching about Halloween III. It's better than you think it is. Watch it again. You'll love it.
 
Final: Just buy the set. Even collector's that aren't into Halloween all that much have spent the extra money to get the 15 disc set. Each disc has it's own black blu-ray case, and it's very sleek looking. I, on the other hand, went for the 10 disc set to save space. John Carpenter probably cried a little bit, but that's ok. He's on tour right now playing a bunch of his music from his movies so he at least has some kind of distraction. I just hope Krysten doesn't bother him to much. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment