Friday, November 20, 2015

Stung


Stung is a creature feature that I had no clue that it was a creature feature. I assumed it was going to be a CGI-riddled piece of shit (as in a SYFY film- you know the kind) based on the box art that I kept running across at Walmart. Netflix recently added it to their finite library of horror flicks, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the amount and quality of practical and anamatronic special effects that were employed for certain scenes with the giant wasps later in the film. At the start, I really thought it was going to be a "horror" film where people get swarmed by CGI bees. But that's not it at all. There are plenty of scenes where people get stung by these mutant wasps at this party/catering event (that is the bulk of the film) and go through a very disgusting and painful transformation of turning into one of these said wasps. The effects were very well done. The CGI, however... those scenes kind of drug it down a little in spots just because you could tell that it was CGI. And that's not the good kind. 

  Oh no! A bee!

I want Paul to die already.

Julia is way to cute.

Never turn down a man's metal or punk rock.

What a nasty looking wasp.

I've always been fascinated by greenhouses for some reason.

Got yourself a Cougar there Paul.

Swarm!

Crushing one of those things looks like a melted milky way.

 A giant anamatronic wasp? I'm very impressed!

Mama's a wasp!

I need to have my own wine cellar.

"Little weenie got bit and didn't tell us."

These wasps are fucking disgusting.

Igor has two heads.

Julia does love stabbing things.

 At the end of the night, I enjoyed Stung for what it is. It's a modern creature feature that features giant wasps, a really cute chick named Julia and very solid practical effects that I really was thrown off by. Especially since movies like this nowadays are 99% CGI. And not the good kind. Got any honey? I'm making toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment