Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Black Roses


Black Roses kicks ass. It's better than Trick or Treat. Well, not quite. It's close, but it's certainly not better. There is a one liner in here that made me actually stop and pause the movie to laugh because I just wasn't expecting it. And I've seen it once before, so I knew it was coming. But, even so, I couldn't help it. Black Roses is another essential 80's metal horror flick that rides along the lines of Rocktober Blood, Stunt Rock, Hard Rock Zombies and many other metal horror films. On any given day, you'll find me jamming to some metal- Judas Priest, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Megadeth... the list for that is pretty extensive as well. When this movie was released originally, I guess the main goal was to either convince people that metal and horror movies are evil and they'll make you into a bad person. Or it was just marketed as a kick ass movie. Either way, I feel this is a classic that all of you zits and zombies need on your shelf. This dude's into metal!  

 Fucking zombie metal!

I see dollar signs in that guys eyes.

Don't sweat it Tony. I'm a lazy bum too.

Conformity is for the weak.

Symbol of evil? That is the silliest looking skull I've ever seen.

I think your kids are more brainwashed going to church than going to see Black Roses. Sorry folks.

This isn't metal. This is some crappy 80's radio rock. Boo.

I see Sabbath, I see Maiden.

A fist fight over a vinyl. I don't know what to say.

"Only two types of guys wear earrings, pirates and faggots. I don't see a boat in the driveway."

Talk about a "midnight snack."

It's getting hot in there. Keep your pants on bro.

  Although Tina is freaking hot, it's still illegal according to the ages of her and the other chicks' dad in the movie. And yet, they still get a little freaky anyway. Damn those hormones in the food. She looks so much older. The best scene has got to be where Tony's dad spits out that line about "pirates and faggots." That shit had me rolling on the floor. I had to pause the movie so I could contain myself. Then a huge spider looking thing comes out of the speaker on the wall and drags him back into the speaker and he's never heard from again. Crazy. Even though it's ridiculous, it's still kind of disturbing. I don't really know why either. I have the Synapse print of Black Roses, which as far as I know is probably the best one out there at the moment. Rock out with your cock out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment