Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Nightmare


This was no where near what I expected it to be. Actually, I still don't know what I expected The Nightmare to be, but whatever it was, it's not it. I really just thought it was going to be some kind of modern horror flick akin to the likes of maybe Paranormal Activity or something similar. But no. It's a "fright" documentary about people that experience night terrors and sleep paralysis. And while those two subjects actually are quite fascinating, The Nightmare isn't. I found it to be dull and drug on longer than it should have. And the sad part of it is is that I actually really enjoy documentaries. I'll watch a documentary about pretty much anything. I've watched them about vinyls, music, war, psychology, sriracha, heroin addicts, serial killers... my list goes on and on. For me, this just ended up being another throw away documentary that I'll never revisit and always wonder how it won an award at a film festival. I weep for the future.

I'm pretty sure that dude doesn't need any hairspray. He's balding on top.

A laser light show? Are you sure you weren't high?

Tap tap tapper.

If it happened for many years, I'd be calling a paranormal investigator. Or Ghostbusters.

The "shadow man" is fucking creepy.

So, aliens with tv static skin come into your room, while you're in your crib, and tickle you. Seems legit.

I'm starting to wonder if this whole sleep paralysis thing is a mental disorder.

 I genuinely started to think by the time the documentary was grinding to the end if this shit is actually real or if these people just have some unchecked mental disorder that psychologists haven't really figured anything about yet. Because, a lot of the stuff that these people claimed to have happened to them sounds like it's some kind of chemical imbalance in the brain that makes them experience some off the wall stuff that no one else ever will. I normally never ever condone any kind of medication for anything (because I hate doctors and medicine) but there has to be some kind of chemical they could take that no one has discovered as of yet so they don't experience this craziness anymore. Either way, I found The Nightmare to be bizarre and kind of boring. Don't bother.  

   

1 comment: