Thursday, April 21, 2016

Parasite


Demi Moore is an actress that a lot of people hold in high regard. I really have never found her to be all that attractive or great at what she does, but hey, who am I to say. I did, however, find a copy of the very first "major" movie she was in called Parasite way back when I started collecting this shit. I remember showing it to my parents and they said they remembered seeing it in the theater! I thought that was crazy. The only thing with the dvd that I have is that I wish it was the full package where you had the choice of watching it in 3D or 2D. But it doesn't. You just watch it in 2D and that's it. Kind of a bummer. It makes it even more hilariously bad zits and zombies when your sitting through a scene where you can tell it was filmed specifically for 3D. Like when one of the parasites is on the ceiling of Maggie's office in the hotel and just falls right on her face. That shit was completely made for 3D. But you don't experience it that way. It just looks like it fell into the camera and that's it. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    I've never seen a scientific microwave before. It probably heats food faster.

Chest burster!

Well, he calmed down quickly.

Oh God, a tarantula. Blech.

I want a laser pistol.

Jumanji Robin Williams? Is that you?

Maggie is kind of old and weathered. But I still think she's hot. I don't care.

It's growing inside you Paul. 

Canned fruit, canned beer and canned soup.

Demi Moore and lemons. An interesting combo.

You don't want to mess with that thermos boys.

I'll take some rattlesnake tea.

Luke, I am a liar-I mean your father.

Finally, the corporate slime ball gets shoved around a bit.

Demi Moore's character grows lemons behind a bar where there is only canned fruit, canned beer and canned soup. And that's honestly the only interesting thing about Parasite. I still never really figured out why lemons. I think I'm missing something. Either way, this is a fun flick the first couple of times around with all the little parasite monsters and laser pistols flying around everywhere. But after the a few views, it just ends up on your shelf as part of your collection and that's really about it. At least that's what happened to my copy. If your a Demi Moore fan and are curious about where her career stemmed from, well... this is it. A mediocre Charles Band film before he started doing movies about puppets. Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment