Monday, April 4, 2016

Slumber Party Massacre

 

I'm sort of on and off with slasher horror. I'm not a die hard slasher collector where I have to have every slasher ever made (that's what I've become with SOV horror. I have to have all of those in one format or another) but when that feeling comes around, it's just pure 80's fun that won't let go until everyone is dead. Or at least the lead girl. Slumber Party Massacre is the first in a slasher trilogy that I have been dying to sink my rabid teeth into for a long time zits and zombies, and I'm smiling ear to ear because I finally did. Individual copies of all three movies in the franchise have been sitting on the shelf at my local Disc Replay for months and months now, and I finally sprung the money to buy them. They were a little bit more on the pricey side, especially Slumber Party Massacre II. That one is out of print. Of course, for horror flicks like this, the plot is paper thin because the goal is seeing hot chicks run around, getting killed by some dude with a power drill. And all three of these films encompass such activity.

 Paperboy?

Seeing a bare chested woman in the morning always brightens my day.

Yeah mom, she's 18. Even though she looks 25.

Ever seen a handy woman with a great ass?

Watching hot, teenage girls playing basketball is... engrossing.

Damn, females really are catty.

Driller Killer!

What a stalker.

I want some wind up shoes.

Such a terrible waste of red wine.

"Were here for the orgy."

Playgirl with Sylvester Stallone? That's appalling.

 Topless women, underage drinking, people getting killed with a power drill. This movie is awesome.

 I think I was disturbed by Courtney looking at a Playgirl magazine with Sly on the cover more than the girls getting slammed with a power drill. That's just wrong on so many levels. But what isn't wrong is that you get a ton of female nudity, a psycho with a giant hand-held power drill and a lot more gore than I expected. There's more gore in this movie than I think was in any of the Jason, Freddy or Halloween movies. Maybe these films were directed like that on purpose to out do them? Probably. I'm glad that this movie ended up being a franchise. Even with a plot that has a hole in it large enough to walk through, there was still enough to make a couple sequels. And I can't wait to post about those too. Charge those battery packs. You're going to need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment