Friday, April 22, 2016

Box Set - itis: The Blind Dead Collection


Every single horror collector or collection I've run across somewhere online ALWAYS seems to include The Blind Dead Collection. So, out of curiosity and how cool the set looked, I eventually ended up buying a copy of it myself. All four of Ossorio's Blind Dead films are compiled here together in one set and I have to say-they are fantastic. I still really don't know anything about these films individually or about Amando De Ossorio himself, but I do know this zits and zombies- if you're into collecting or want to start collecting, at some point, you're going to add this to your shelf. I guarantee it. Among other Italian horror flicks such as Suspiria, Inferno, Deep Red, The Beyond and a slew of other Italian terror classics, The Blind Dead films fit firmly right in the middle of all of those. And it's got a pretty fair price slapped on it as well. Roughly $40 is what you'll pay for this box, it's shaped like a coffin and not only does it include all four films, it has a documentary/biography about Ossorio himself and what he went through making these movies. A pretty schweet deal if you ask me. 

Price I paid: $36.28

Where did I find it?: Amazon (US)

Print: Blue Underground

Run#: Whenever Blue Underground printed it. I really have no idea. Probably the 1,231,219,249,890,128,474,012,924 time.

Movies Included: Tombs of the Blind Dead, Return of the Evil Dead, The Ghost Galleon, Night of The Seagulls and a doc about Amando De Ossorio.

Is it worth it?: I feel this set should be worth more. But it's $40 or less, and that's roughly $10 a movie. That's awesome.

Final: Even if you're not an Italian horror enthusiast, this set will end up on your shelf whether you like it or not. Hell, it might even pull you to dig into foreign horror more often. Or maybe even importing movies. That's badass too. These are top notch zombie flicks and this coffin is one you will want to lay down in. It's oh so comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment