Thursday, April 28, 2016

SOV weekend #1 (List)


SOV horror, the kind of horror that is perplexing and yet, makes people laugh. The kind of horror that only the few, the proud and the hardcore can truly appreciate. What is SOV horror, you ask? Well, let's just say this... take a shitty VHS camcorder from the 80's, put a blank tape in it and just start filming whatever the hell is in front of it and that's basically it. Zero budget trash that warms my heart and gives me severe gas. Most of my favorites come from a distribution company that has had a major comeback in the last few years or so, namely Camp Motion Pictures, because they have the rights to some of the best of these films you can find. Some of the ones they hold are Woodchipper Massacre, Ghoul School, Zombie Bloodbath Trilogy, Video Violence I & II... the list for them is endless. 

Since this is going to be my first SOV weekend, I'm going to put my list right here for you zits and zombies to absorb. These are the movies you should expect posts from this coming week and I'm only going to watch these SOV flicks to stay true to my format.

1. Spine

2. Captives (Mama's Home)

3. Beauty Queen Butcher

4. Killing Spree

Three out of the four of these are Camp Motion Pictures releases, but it's not about the distribution company, it's about the films themselves. And it's going to be a freaking blast. Strap yourselves in zits and zombies- things are about to get messy.    











No comments:

Post a Comment