Monday, May 2, 2016

SOV Weekend 1-1: Spine


For some reason, Spine is an SOV flick that I had my eye on to be released for quite some time. I thought It looked interesting and obscure (it still kind of is-except for maybe the interesting part) and anything like that has to be in my collection. For preservation sake. After watching this for the second time now for you guys, I don't know if this is a film that anyone really wants to remember or preserve for the future because, even as an SOV, it's at the bottom. Dreadfully boring and uneventful. Every murder that the main guy commits in here is off camera and pretty much any blood or gore you get to see is aftermath material. Lame. There's even a scene where the police are investigating one of the girls' dead bodies and they keep talking about how "her spine is exposed" where if you look closely, it's just a bunch of fake blood pooled up on her back. No spine at all. Even after all of that mess, I'm still glad I have it. Just as a conversation or curiosity piece.

 A nude female that's hog-tied. What a way to start a film.

Dustin' fer' prints.

Pretty, pretty brunette.

Two coffees? This guy is already a twitch master.

Mu-ti-la-tion.

Big, sexy hair.

A truck? It's a van you ninny.

Good old monochrome, Apple computers.

 Another off screen death. Damnit.

It only took 28 minutes to see a nipple.

I like short shorts.

Well, hello Bob Ross. I didn't know your other hobby besides painting was killing women.

    Zits and zombies, if you've been wondering about this movie for a while or have been considering adding it to your collection- there are much better SOV horror flicks out there. The whole movie goes back and forth between adults who are supposed to be cops talking about nothing and a serial killer killing women off screen. It's very frustrating and I can only recommend this to you if you just want to add mostly unknown horror to your collection for the hell of it. Now go get me two coffees... I'm falling asleep here.

No comments:

Post a Comment