Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Club Dead


Gravitating towards vampire movies or anything related to them is out of my norm. Nothing that has to deal with them really entices me to get involved with vampires (unless it's Vampirella, and I'm sure you can understand why) because, like zombie flicks, they all seem just so played out. It gets old after a while. For Club Dead, though, I actually thought this was a vampire flick from the 80's. I was wrong. I found it on Hulu Plus, and the simplicity of the cover art grabbed me right away. Knowing it was a vampire movie going right in, I already had mentally prepared myself for a boring hour and a half. But I was pleasantly surprised. I really dug this movie. The acting was very solid (except for one person) the story was cool, if already done, and the cinematography was always on point and very vibrant and colorful. When the movie was finished, I actually went on Amazon to see if it was on dvd, and there is no physical print of this movie at all (that I could find. If there is and can buy it somewhere, please let me know) which was pretty disappointing. By the way, every time the Madame' came on screen, "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga was playing in my head. I have no clue why.

 You're such a twitch, Zach.

Is she Blade's sister?

"Man, I gotta get a dog."

Nosferatu is so silly sometimes.

So, Jaleel White and Steve Urkel finally became one and the same.

A chick wearing a Slayer shirt. That's a first.
 
Scott's a damn hipster.

Satan's Sluts? Sounds good to me.

Judy Jackson is overacting.

Dddddaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnn (tongue rolls on the floor)

Put that cross away, girlie.

Opening a random casket in the basement of a club is probably not a smart idea.

Asian persuasion.

"Let's go upstairs." Every man's favorite phrase.

 The whole idea of Club Dead revolves around a club that everyone is dying to get into because of how exclusive it is. No one on the outside knows that it's a vampire club, and they all think they have to be special to be accepted inside. What the Madame' is looking for a is female virgin so her son can get her pregnant and have an heir to her throne. That's all there is to it. Sounds kind of lame and generic, but it's very well written and acted that it honestly just sucks you in (no pun intended) and you don't want to stop watching until the end. It's that good. That's why I tried to see if it was on dvd right after it was over. I only found that it's being streamed on Hulu Plus and other various streaming channels and sites, which is how I was able to watch it. Zits and zombies, if you are a vampire movie fiend, you'll dig this. Trust me. Now I need to go read some Vampirella comics.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment