Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Dr. Hackenstein


I normally don't focus to much on distribution companies (unless it's Camp Motion Pictures. I just love those guys) unless one of them is putting out a specific film that I have been waiting for for a while. Troma is not one of them. Over these past six years of hunting and collecting, I came to the conclusion very quickly that they are just outright hit or miss for me. Just like any other studio or distribution company, there are die hards out there that want every release from that specific entity just because they love what they are doing. Dr. Hackenstein did not heighten my perception of Troma, nor did it drop it. It simply just reminded me of why I'm sort of on and off with them- just another dull and mediocre offering. This is what I was expecting in the real scheme of things, even though most of their output is just insane, over the top violence, nudity and offensive material that doesn't do anything for me except drive me away for the most part. Unless were talking about the Nukem' High or Toxic Avenger films. Then we'll talk Troma.

Nice lab ya' got there, Bill Nye.

A rat! Skinned alive!

Stop playing with your food you weirdo.

Smoke that pipe, good sir.

At Tyson, were chicken.

Shelia's head is creepy. Just thought I would point that out.

A whistle? Really?

Mutes are soooooo much fun.

A box of tobacco. Every woman's dream.

I wasn't aware that people are in competition for arms and legs.

Spazoid.

"Would you like to see my instruments?"

Brrr. Looks cold in that well stocked meat locker.

The music in this movie really reminds me of Puppet Master. Who's stealing from who? Nah, never mind.  

After sitting through Dr. Hackenstein, I would have rather went and watched the first Puppet Master movie again for the hundredth time. At least that's entertaining in all the wrong ways and it makes me laugh because some of the characters and dialogue are just horrendous. But that's the charm of that series of films. This, however, was just lifeless and needed some sort of a jolt. I mean, c'mon, it's Troma. You would think there would be some boobs or gore or talking belly buttons. But none of that was present. Oh well, zits and zombies. You can't win them all I guess.     

No comments:

Post a Comment