Friday, May 27, 2016

PUMPKINHEAD II: Blood Wings


Pumpkinhead II is an early entry into my becoming a horror collector. It has always been there as a "fall back" film because when I was growing up, it was always on tv for some odd reason, and I would watch it every time I ran across it channel hunting. It also was included in one of the first multi-packs I bought at Walmart back in 2010 when I started diving headlong into this business. Also plunked in the set along with it is the original Leprechaun flick with a very young Jennifer Aniston, and the first two Wishmaster films starring Andrew Divoff.  I plan on writing posts about those movies as well at some point. As with any or the Pumpkinhead franchise as a whole, the only really worth while one to watch is the original. But I have a warm, frothy spot in my shriveled heart for the sequel because of the memories I have watching it so many random times on tv while I was young. Zits and zombies, get your wings. Maybe then you can fly.

 I thought the Elephant Man was only in one movie.

 The jackass mobile rides again.

This headache inducing music is so out of place.

Greasers? Tunnel Snakes? The Outsiders? Shit, I'm referencing the wrong people.

No one teaches a class in bad-assery. That's too bad. Because you need a lesson.

Holy shit! It's Rodger Clinton!

Breaking into some weird, old house is always a good idea.

Was there a purpose in "go pro-ing" Danny while he's digging some dirt?

Pumpkinhead!

But trigger happy posse's are so much fun. Now I'm disappointed.

You stole the idea for this scene from Phantasm, didn't you?

Yes, Bill Clinton's brother is in here as the mayor. You did read that correctly. He's not the greatest actor in the world. And this isn't the greatest horror movie in the world either, but I still dig it. It still sits with the rest of my collection as a marker of where I decided to start buying horror movies, mainly because it was the first thing I saw that was available, that was cheap, and buying multi-sets at Walmart is and was still kind of fun. I would only push this as a curiosity piece if I didn't have a nostalgia member attached to it, but that's just my experience. As it is, you can live (or die) without it. Unless you're a fan of the original and have always wondered where the series goes after that. Where did you learn to fly? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment