Wednesday, May 4, 2016

SOV Weekend 1-3: Killing Spree


I own all of the films in the Retro 80's Horror Collection from Camp Motion, and Killing Spree was one of the last ones I needed to complete that. I was hesitant of course, but I have developed a weird skill for being able to figure out if a blind buy is actually going to be good or not. Don't get me wrong, as a human being (or zombie, which ever comes first) I do make mistakes. And some of the blind buys I have in my collection have been downright awful. I have some movies in my collection I'll probably never watch ever again only if to write a post on here for you guys so you stay very far away from them. Killing Spree didn't turn out that way. It's comical. It's not scary at all. It's one of those horror movies from the 80's where you invite a group of friends over on a Friday or a Saturday night, have beer and order a pizza, and just laugh your way through the whole thing. Because the kills in here are ridiculous and over done on purpose (I think) just because Tim Ritter could. And I don't know if anyone would go as ape as the main guy in this movie does because he thinks his wife is cheating on him. 

What the hell kind of stage name is Asbestos Felt?   

Leeza is a hottie.

I don't like pork chops either, brosef.

If Leeza was a stewardess, I would be inducted into the mile high club immediately.

This old fart just scraped by being a fucking pedo.

Stealing a Fangoria, are we Mrs. Palmer?

"The Stew Master" is sweating his balls off.

 Punch a beach bum.

Damn, I want an Iguana.

That little black book is killing you, son.

I've never seen a machete ceiling fan before.

"How about a haircut, slime ball!"

Who is this assclown, a Hispanic John Lovitz?

  Gutted with a chainsaw!

Killing spree is a really great time. Provided you're in the mood for some ridiculous gore and the most fake mannequin head of a teenage girl you'll ever see (after it's been severed) and an even fatter Spanish John Lovitz  gets a screwdriver dropped into the top of his head and then set on fire inside of a steel trash barrel. Or seeing a guy get disemboweled with a chainsaw. Or The lawn care dude getting run over by a lawnmower. All of these things rounded up together make for a great, stupid time with friends, family and a greasy ass pizza. Pre-heat the oven now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment