Thursday, May 5, 2016

SOV Weekend 1-4: Beauty Queen Butcher


As a horror collector and a really big fan of Camp Motion, I was and still am on a quest to acquire all of the main 80's prints from them. Beauty Queen Butcher is one of those films. I was hesitant because of the trailer, but once it was in my hands, the initial viewing of this film left me in tears because of how hilarious it is. Everything about this film is gold, and it's mostly because of the characters and how they are acted out. It just feels very right and perfect and if I directed this movie myself, I don't think I could've done any better. I would have to say the only small, minor gripe I have with this zits and zombies is the fact that it's about 2 hours long. But it's a great 2 hours. The way the situation in this plays out and how everything is handled contributes to the fact that this movie has to be 2 hours long. From being in high school to Phyllis' home life (which oddly enough, somehow she lives by herself and both of her parents are dead) to the actual pageant and the fattest P.I. of all time "doing some investigating", this flick is a trip. And you can only get it from Camp Motion.  

Do popular chicks even wear gigantic Mickey Mouse sweaters?

These chicks look like they've graduated high school already.

An NES in the corner. I love it. Great game system.

"You're not just a fat slob. You're a human being."

If both of Phyllis' parents are dead, and she lives by herself and she's still in high school, who the hell is paying for her house?!

Greatest fucking pageant host ever.

Mrs. Prudish is jamming on that keyboard, son.

Public humiliation is a bitch.

Muffie sure looks like a "slough" queen.

Again with the nuked pussy?

"Old Dick, the private Dick is on the trail."

"Better get me some more moo juice. And do a little investigating."

The two best characters in this entire movie are Dick the private Dick and the guy that hosts the pageant. They both made me wail the first time I watched this movie. This doesn't happen to often, but when I was sitting in my basement watching this for my notes, I was taken back to Champaign when I first got it in the mail from Amazon. It reminded me of what a great time my wife and I had living there and how fantastic of a movie this really is. It's just so well written and over acted for a SOV film that you have to experience it at least once. Especially for the detective and the pageant host. Those guys are just fucking hilarious and I highly recommend you zits and zombies getting this off of the Alternative Cinema site or Amazon. 2 hours of your time that I know you'll be grateful you wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment