Thursday, April 14, 2016

Slaughterhouse


Animal cruelty in movies (or in general) is something I usually try to stay away from. It just rubs me the wrong way and sickens me that us as humans can do such things to animals. Unspeakable acts. Am I an animal rights activist? Hell no. Do animals have rights? Well, no. They can't think critically or logically for themselves, they just survive basically on pure sense and instinct. Why or how we as a species have been granted the skill of reason is something none of us will probably ever figure out. But I do know this- we all do have to eat. And beef and bacon are delicious. As long as I'm not there to witness how the cows and pigs are brutally killed for us to have protein, I'm all for it. Slaughterhouse has a little insight into how this process is done (even though this film was made in the 80's so I'm sure the process is much different now) so I can assure you either way I still want a burger every now and then. Buddy has an axe to grind. And it's going right in your head.

 Going to "park it" in a cop car. I love it.

They're lying. Of course they have been drinking.

Is that the blow up doll-loser guy from Slumber Party Massacre II? Can't be.

Bubba's got a butcher knife.

That's a lot of bacon. Live bacon that is.

Inspired by Texas Chainsaw Massacre much?

30% fat!

You got some balls tossing your empty wallet at your friend. He'll see you at the party.

Damn, that's a lot of ketchup.

Radical!

I don't know what kind of movie these kids are making, but Bleeding Skull! is going to find it on VHS and review it thirty years later. 

Slaughterhouse is another slasher/character killer horror flick where teenagers must die. And there's nothing wrong with that. Hotchka. I do believe that this flick was heavily inspired by the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Buddy and his dynamic with his father really reminded me of how Leatherface and "The Cook" in the first Texas movie acted with each other and had sort of a demented presence where if you ever ran into these guys in real life, you would want to get away from them immediately. That's a sign of really solid quality control with any of these types of movies-the acting, directing, writing, filming... it's all there. And it makes you want to eat some bacon. I can smell it already.   

No comments:

Post a Comment