Wednesday, October 12, 2016

31 Horrors of October: Christmas Evil (Vinegar Syndrome blu-ray)


Every time I sit my fat ass down to watch Christmas Evil, I get this warm, cinnamon like feeling down in my gut. Maybe it's because there are plenty of family moments in this film that counter-balance what's going on with Harry mentally, as he is going off the deep end to become one of the most fucked up Santa Clauses' in human history. I mean, one minute he's giving presents to kids at a Christmas party, and the next he's stabbing some guy in the eye with a toy solider and burying his candy striped hatchet in a woman's head. There's no telling what Harry is capable of, especially when he covers his face in mud and proceeds to kiss the side of Moss Garcia's house. It's kind of perplexing. It's also perplexing that Patricia Richardson is in the movie as Moss' mom, and she slaps him in the face for being a brat and "ruining her one night out". I know this doesn't sound like a movie that anyone would want to watch for Christmas season, but trust me, it's better than it sounds. You know you want to give Harry some milk and cookies. You know you just want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment