Wednesday, October 19, 2016

31 Horrors of October: The Wizard of Gore (blu-ray)

With the very sad, recent and disheartening passing of The Godfather of Gore, Herschell Gordon Lewis had made a career out of making some of the most bizarre and bloody cult flicks the world has ever had the pleasure of digesting. I had to put one of my favorites from him on my list this month, and The Wizard of Gore is considered by many of his die-hards to be his all time masterpiece. I don't know if I completely agree with that, but it is one of my favorites by him, and watching it on blu-ray makes it all the more joyous. Plenty of guts and gore are in store for you, all presented by none other than Montag the Magnificent! as he does a new show every night for a week, killing beautiful women in the process. What a magic trick. Pull a bunny from a hat? Guess your poker card? No, no, no. How about sawing a woman in half with an electric chainsaw or putting a metal punch press through another one's stomach right before the audience. No filters, no tricks. He'll make you disappear. For real.   

No comments:

Post a Comment