Monday, October 10, 2016

31 Horrors of October: SAW (VHS)


I have some fond memories of my initial viewing of the original SAW film. My girlfriend at the time and I went and saw it in the theater. She was really into horror movies back then, and I wasn't. I could've cared less. When we walked out, she loved it, and I didn't know what to think. I will say this though- this shit gave me nightmares and paranoia for quite awhile. I kept thinking that some asshole in a pig costume was going to jump out at me from my closet while I was sleeping or some stupid shit. But more importantly, back then I just didn't get it. I didn't really understand what the point of this Jigsaw guy was-capturing people and putting them in these "games" as they were. I mainly thought that this film was put out there just to mess with everyone with it's gore and brutality. And I'm sure I am half right. But the other half is because it actually holds a pretty solid story that unfolds as the sequels were released, up until about the third or fourth movie that is. Then it just gets kind of messy. I highly recommend the original SAW for it's gore, story and overall creativity. Just keep the lights on when you're done. You'll need that key. 

No comments:

Post a Comment