Sunday, October 30, 2016

31 Horrors of October: Rocktober Blood


As far as heavy metal horror goes, I'm always excited to watch one that I haven't seen yet. Unfortunately, my smile ran dry on this one. I know, I know. I'm going to get stabbed for this. Rocktober Blood has it's core fans, and that's fine. Every horror and cult film does, no matter how mud covered and briny the film is. But, there was just something missing from the over all package of Rocktober Blood. I really don't know what it is either. I want to love it, but I just can't. I felt like the kills were lazy, the story was kind of meh and there were just to many lens flares. My God. I don't really know if that was on purpose or not, but it was a little to much for my taste. I want the cinematography to be clean-not like I'm looking into the sun every other scene. The music in here is excellent, however, and if I ever run across the soundtrack, I'll probably buy it. If you're interested at all in metal horror, start with Trick or Treat or Black Roses. So Billy doesn't come back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment