Saturday, October 17, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Black Christmas (1974)


The very first time I experienced this Christmas classic was in 2013, maybe about a week before Christmas that year. If you read the post before this, my wife and I had made a run to F.Y.E for some Christmas shopping, and of course, since we were already out, I had to make a stop at Disc Replay. Picking up the special edition dvd was something that I had been trying to get around to doing for quite some time at this point. I swear that place stays in business solely because of me. Since I am a confirmed fan of Christmas horror, I hadn't seen this flick yet and it was a must. Plus, it has John Saxon. He's another actor that I'll watch anything he's in because I know it's going to be good. 

Black Christmas is one of the best slashers, and also one of the first. It influenced all of the main characters and franchises after it- Jason, Michael, Freddy and Leatherface just to name some of the main ones. I love the tone, pace and dark feel of this picture and really paints a bleak painting of the holidays. A must see for fans of Christmas horror and for hardcore horror buffs alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment