Sunday, October 25, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Gingerdead Man 2: The Passion of the Crust


Last night I watched a fantastic film from Full Moon called Castle Freak which was warmly welcomed and very unexpected. Tonight, however, I watched the opposite from Full Moon. Gingerdead Man 2 is anything but good- it's a piece of shit. I'm very sorry that I spent money on the Gingerdead Man trilogy boxset. Live and learn I guess. This film gets extremely close to Troma territory with all the bad puns, jokes, slime, gore and just the way it's produced in general really feels pretty damn close to a Troma film. Truly, I'm not surprised in the least. After trudging through other Full Moon fare in the past, this one really doesn't shock or offend, it's just stupid and silly and the Gingerdead Man gets crucified at the end just like good ol' Jesus. Crown of thorns and all. Yay. I'm glad I'm not religious.

The only way I can see anyone even remotely enjoying Gingerdead Man 2 is if your piss drunk or high as a kite. Either way you won't remember anything that happens in this "film" when it's over. Trust me, that's the way you want it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment