Thursday, October 15, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Killer Klowns from Outer Space


Steven (Champaign) would always tell me what a great b-grade film this was and how I needed to see it and/or add it to my collection. I would always tell him I needed to buy a copy. He eventually went to walmart one night during the week and bought me a triple feature set called "Astronomy 101" that includes Spaceballs, Killer Klowns and The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai. I don't like Spaceballs and I still haven't watched Buckaroo Banzai, so I guess the only reason I still have the set is because of Klowns... even though I just recently picked it up on blu-ray. Officer Mooney being a dick in 1080p is loads of fun.
 
Killer Klowns, huh? This film is silly, but the Chiodo brothers knew what they were doing when they were putting this one together. Victims wrapped in cotton candy cacoons, popcorn guns, balloon animal tracking dogs- every funny and witty use of a klown joke or trope is here in full swing. Let's go to the top of the world and make out. Wait a minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment