Monday, October 12, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Seven Doors of Death (The Beyond)


This film goes by many titles and it gets confusing very quickly, but the two main I've seen are either "Seven Doors of Death" or "The Beyond". Either one of those works for me. The box art that I used at the top is the one I ran across at disc replay one time quite a while ago and I was curious. It was when I was still in my infancy collecting and watching this stuff, so it never really crossed my mind that it could be a foreign horror flick. Italian of course. One of Lucio Fulci's best I'd say. There's a lot of brutal kills in here, surprisingly, since this one was put out in the early-early 80's (81 to be a stickler) as I understand that a lot of that actual gore and violence didn't really come until about a few years later. Unless you count the Godfather of Gore himself, Mr. Herschel Gordon Lewis. But that's something else entirely. An Italian great.


Foreign horror fans rejoice, The Beyond is an Italian horror flick from director Lucio Fulci that has a really dark sense of brutality only he could've pulled off. Essentially it's a zombie flick dressed up as a paranormal or a supernatural movie with a hotel that was built on top of one of the seven gates of hell. People get melted and eaten by tarantulas in this one. Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment