Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Messiah of Evil

 

Before this morning, I had only previously viewed Messiah of Evil one time. And I barely remembered any of it. It's not that I didn't enjoy it the first time, it's just that when I borrowed it from Steven (Champaign), it was back when I was still slowly getting into this hobby and I was in the middle of watching a bunch of movies at once and everything was getting jumbled. Now after this second viewing, I remembered just how "out there" this film is. It is very well put together however and it achieves what it set out to do- suck you in with strangeness. 


Messiah of Evil is fucking weird, but I very much enjoy it in spite of that very quality. It's out there with the walls of a house painted with people and town-scapes and each room seems to be a different "zone" or "area" if you will. Everything blends to make an ace horror flick that's also sensually bizarre.   

No comments:

Post a Comment