Saturday, October 31, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- The Exorcist


Even to this day, The Exorcist still makes me wanna poo my pants. There's no way that even if you've only seen this film one time, and it was twenty years ago, that you're ever going to forget the horrifying steps into possession that Regan goes through will ever leave you. The atmosphere sticks to you like that universal wet-dog smell that comes with giving them a bath. Even with very expensive shampoo and conditioner. With this being the last movie on my list for the month of October and to go to sleep before getting ready for a fantastic night of alcohol and being dressed up as Wayne from Wayne's World (my wife will be Garth) I don't think I could've ended my Halloween month marathon any better this year. Be safe and make sure your kids look at their candy before consuming it zits and zombies... there's a lot of baddies out there.

Regan's mother is a famous actress. Regan herself is an artist who seems to be pretty energetic and happy go-lucky. Apparently The Exorcist is based on a true story that happened in 1949 where a boy was possessed and the Roman Catholic Church assigned numerous exorcists to the case to try and rid the demon from the boy. If anything that happens in The Exorcist actually happened to that boy in real life... I don't know. There's no words for witnessing something like that in person. Perfect, and I do mean perfect film to watch on Halloween. True horror masterpiece from 1973.  

No comments:

Post a Comment