Friday, October 30, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Halloween (1978)


If for whatever reason you claim yourself to be a "horror fan" or a "horror buff" and you haven't seen the original Halloween from 1978-get the hell out of here. I've had people claim to me that they're "horror fanatics" but they've never seen Re-Animator. Get a different hobby sir. Your time is better spent knitting. The original Halloween is a horror film that I grew up watching with my dad. He's had it on every format except Laser Disc. Yeah, Laser Disc. When I was younger, The Shape used to give me nightmares when I was in elementary school and I always had the scene where Laurie Strode ended up in the closet after Michael was chasing her reeling in my imagination for days. I always thought The Shape would grab me through my closet door. Hotchka.

The night he came home. Michael Meyers murdered his sister. His new potential victim- Laurie Strode. The heavy tension and the intensity of waiting for something to happen weighs on you until it hits-and you're not ready for it. Dr. Loomis shoots his ass and he falls out of a window... he's dead, right? There's no way there could be a sequel.     

No comments:

Post a Comment