Sunday, October 4, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Hellbound: Hellraiser 2


Out of all of the Hellraiser films, the sequel has always been my favorite. Probably because to me, it feels like a really solid follow up that I don't think could have been done any better. It picks up right after the original and is even more dark and disturbing because all of the main characters "go to hell" as it were. The addition of the doctor and all the mental patients just makes it all the more unsettling and I truly never thought the franchise ever topped itself with this film. I do love Hellraiser 3, but I just never thought it was as good as Hellbound. What can you do, right?

 Once again, with Hellraiser 2, the special effects are even darker, weirder and in your face than the original. You even get to see a little bit of how Pinhead became a Cenobite. Very cool continuation of Clive Barker's universe. Top notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment