Monday, October 19, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Pieces

 

Getting excited about Pieces just based on the infamous "water bed scene" alone is kind of stupid, but that's how I found out about this flick. Of course, patrolling around Youtube looking for random horror films to discover isn't really a bad way to find out about new movies to add to the old collection. I also was lucky and found the grindhouse releasing 2-disc print of it at a disc replay for $6.99 when I know that Pieces goes for about 3 or 4 times that amount normally out in the wild. The Arrow Video cover art however (which is the one I used at the top of this post) is probably the best cover art I've ever seen for this film. It's so fucking gory and graphic... I wish it was just the normal boxart back when it first came out to be honest! I don't think you could do much better just based on that cover alone.

 Pieces has so many red herrings that it will make your head spin. But it's all worth it. And it might just have as messed up of an ending as Sleepaway Camp does, but in more of the sense that it just doesn't make sense. If you have seen it, you know what I mean. If not, well go watch Pieces and find out- it's a wild ride full of chainsaw body dismemberment, boobs, stupid characters and Lynda Day George playing tennis-horrifically. It's all very enjoyable and just as gory as this Arrow cover implies, so if that's your thing and you haven't seen Pieces yet, by all means put this puzzle together and get some popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment