Wednesday, October 7, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- The Shining


The Shining is a horror film that needs no explanation and no introduction. It truly is a masterpiece of tension, insanity and terror that pulls you in right from the beginning and never lets go. It's been quite a while since I watched this, and I completely forgot that it was two hours and twenty minutes. So I had to watch it in two separate sittings because my work schedule is a bitch right now. But at least I was able to experience Jack's downfall again this year for Halloween.

  There's a reason why Stanley Kubrick's adaptation of Stephen King's novel, The Shining has been revered as one of the top horror staples of all time. Every scene is filmed to perfection and I don't think Stanley could've done it any better. He captured the idea of total isolation beautifully and the cast just did the rest. Superb horror epic. None better.

No comments:

Post a Comment