Sunday, January 3, 2016

Anthropophagous


I don't know if you have listened to my very first Pukenstein episode, but I talked about how I bought a copy of Castle of Illusion for my Sega Genesis. After all of my usual tricks to get those old carts working again, the damn thing just wouldn't boot. So I took it back and I used the store credit at Disc Replay to look for other items. The copy of Anthropophagous they had at that moment was actually the out of print double disc from Shriek Show. Fucking awesome. So basically, I plucked it for free. Technically. But as far as Italian horror flicks go, Anthropophagous is pretty legendary for a couple of different reasons. But I'll get to that in a minute. The grimy atmosphere in this film is what really sells it. Amore'.

I love Italian horror films.

They had wireless headphones back then?!

That dog looks bored out of his mind.

The English dubbing in this print of the film is horrendous.

Seasick. Blech.

Tension and atmosphere building. The Italian way.

Sorry, but that severed head in the bucket was hilarious.

What a drunk bastard. Falling asleep with a bottle of wine in his hand.

How dare you put a cute kitten on a piano right before someone gets stabbed with a steak knife?

Damn, what a player.

No, hanging yourself in front of a group of people isn't disturbing at all.

Shadow of the Colossus? Skyrim? Anyone? Anyone?

I'd be pretty spry too if I just ate an unborn baby I ripped from a woman's womb!

Yeah, that's right. There's a scene where a baby is eaten straight from a woman's womb. Also, that's an obvious spoiler. I won't tell you what happens at the end. Just watch this yourself and find out. As far as Italian horror goes, this film really is essential. It truly brings the pace and grime that any horror buff needs to experience at least once while in the trenches of collecting. Spaghetti.      

No comments:

Post a Comment