Thursday, January 21, 2016

Box Set - itis: The Tox Box


I'm going to admit to you right now zits and zombies that I'm really not the biggest Troma fan in this hobby... a lot of their films just aren't for me. But, as a horror and cult film collector, I feel that it is essential that I at least had a copy of the original Toxic Avenger. No one's collection is complete without at least viewing Melvin Junko's transformation into a creature of super human size and strength at least one time. Having all of the Toxie films in one set is pretty killer in all honesty, and this set also includes the full length animated Toxic Crusaders movie as well, which as far as I know is the only way you can get it. I don't think you can buy it separately. Maybe you can. What do I know. Tromaville High football rules. I don't know where that came from. 

Price I paid: $25

Where did I find it?: Disc Replay (Crest Hill, IL)

Print: Troma Team Video

Run#: No clue. Probably the 50th.

Movies Included: Toxic Avenger, Toxic Avenger Part II, Toxic Avenger Part III: The last temptation of Toxie, Toxic Crusaders the Movie

Is it worth it?: I would say so if you're a Toxie or a Troma enthusiast, if only to have the un-rated director's cut's of all the films in the series (except for Citizen Toxie, which is not included in this set). The other cool thing about this box is that all four films are printed on their own individual dvd's and they are all un-rated director's cuts with tons of extras and introductions by Lloyd Kaufman.

Final: I believe that this particular set from Toma is out of print, so if you've been looking for this and you run across it at the price point that I found it at, snag it. You'll probably never see it again.     

No comments:

Post a Comment