Monday, January 25, 2016

Halloween (2007 Rob Zombie remake)


Not being the biggest Halloween fan in the horror community, when it came time to decide whether I wanted the ten disc blu-ray collection or the fifteen disc box with pretty much every extra that there ever could be for a Halloween die hard, I opted for the ten disc respectively. Before earlier tonight, I actually had never even bothered to watch the Rob Zombie remake because, in spite of it being Rob Zombie and the fact that I hate remakes, I kept hearing over and over again about how brutal and bad-ass the remake is. So I finally popped the blu-ray in to take some notes and I fucking loved it. In some aspects, I actually like the remake better than John Carpenters' original because it goes deeper into why Michael turned into a psychopathic killing machine. It gave him depth and a voice. And I loved it. I'm going to watch the second one when I can because I just feel like it's my obligation. I owe it to myself, you guys and to Rob Zombie. Well, maybe not so much him, but you get the idea.

(shudders) clowns.

What a piece of shit step-father.

Malcolm McDowell looks horrible with long hair.

I want to stab those two pussy ass kids myself.

I hate Mike Meyers' step-dad.

Get some pussy, brutha'.

Brutal Bat Beatings. Written by: Michael Meyers.

Danny Trejo!

These psychological studies and meetings with Michael Meyers are pretty damn cool and add a lot of depth to the character.

"Cute baby. Couldn't be related to you." Wow. What a bitch.

That's quite a mask collection you got there, son.

Holy shit, it's Radio Rollins from Wing Commander 3!

How low can you go, raping a female mental patient. They deserved Mikey kicking their asses.

 Lawrence Fishburne?! How many people are in this damn movie?

 If you've been on the fence about watching this remake, just watch it. This film proves that you can make a fucking killer remake and not ruin or tarnish the ideas from the original. You just have to take specific elements from the source material and put a new spin on it without it being a modernized carbon copy (I'm looking at you, A Nightmare on Elm Street remake) and make it a new story or freshen it up a bit without just re-doing it shot for shot. One of my new favorites for sure. I want a copy of that book Michael wrote. When is the release date?

No comments:

Post a Comment