Sunday, January 17, 2016

Box Set - itis: Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit


Box Set - itis is an idea for different posts that I wanted to start putting together last year. I do believe I mentioned it in an early post some time (I don't remember) that I had the idea for this, but now I think is a good time as any to start stitching pieces of this in line so I can write something a little different if I choose to instead of just posting straight about horror flicks. 

The first box I want to post info about is the Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit. It is really one of my favorite box sets that I own, and I do own a few so I do have enough to make this a legitimate series if that's what it ends up being. So, let's get to it.

Price I Paid: $25

Where did I find it?: Disc Replay (Crest Hill, Il)

 Print: Anchor Bay Entertainment

Run #: The second run I believe. The first run was a Best Buy exclusive with a giant red cross on the cover of the box, but the Red Cross was insulted by it. So the second run had the cross removed. 

Movies Included: Sleepaway Camp, Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers, Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland, Sleepaway Camp IV: The Survivor (Unfinished Production Footage)

Is it worth it?: In my opinion if you don't have any of the Sleepaway Camp films at all and you just want to get the whole franchise all at once, then yes. It really is worth it especially if you can find it at the price that I did at $25. If you just want to have the original, there's always the Scream Factory blu-ray which is probably the best print of it that I've seen out there so far. The only thing that I would've liked added to it would be a copy of Return to Sleepaway Camp which really is just a fantastic sequel. It's loads of fun watching Alan getting his ass kicked and made fun of by everyone at the camp.

Final: Buy it if you can. I love it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment