Friday, January 29, 2016

Breeders (blu-ray)


I've been trying to get more blu-rays lately for my collection (horror or otherwise) and Breeders was a complete, total blind buy. I've never heard of it, seen the cover art or watched the trailer ever before in my entire life. I just bought it with my horror blind fold on based purely on the cover itself. Old school if you ask me. When I ran across it on Amazon by accident, I thought to myself, "how could you go wrong with a black background, 3/4 of the way covered up by a screaming blonde woman's face being torn through by some bloody monster/alien thing with a jaundice eyeball and razor sharp teeth???? I have to buy this blu-ray!" Little did I know what a monstrous block of cheese this bd disc would contain. I think Breeders was filmed and printed in Wisconsin in 1986. God, I need a bottle of wine.

   That guy looked pretty dead for a second.

Where are her heels? Oh, they're in her hand. Nevermind.

Why does this guy have a chain-link leash for a shih tzu?

I love these cheesy ass special effects.

Goddamn, the acting is putrid in this picture.

This is the most up beat, out of place transition music I've ever heard in a movie after someone has been killed.

Man, everyone is into cocaine these days.

There's no way this guy is ever going to sleep after seeing this chick nude.

Who the hell carries Christmas decorations around in a shopping bag?

Fake rubber stab.

My my, what nice breasts and buttocks you have.

I would have brought a gun. Just saying.

 I have mixed feelings about whether I 100% like Breeders or not, but I will say that if you're in the mood for a fucking horribly acted pot of cheese fondue, this is your golden ticket. If only Willy Wonka made cheese instead of chocolate. That would be bad-ass. The ending also made me throw my hands in the air saying "that's it?!" when it was all over because I was honestly expecting a little more from it. But it was the mid 80's when this was released so you get what you can get. Munster sounds good right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment