Thursday, January 28, 2016

Box Set - itis: Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition


I was very lucky in my timing of buying this particular box set of the original Dawn of the Dead off of Amazon. I believe I purchased it back in 2011 or 2012 and I picked it up for... wait for it... $9.99. Yeah. You read that right. $9.99. Currently on Amazon it ranges from $30.81 (with prime) up to $259.95. Out of print much? Oh yeah. I normally don't collect or try to find items for my collection that are going to be worth money in the future, I just buy movies or prints of movies that I want that end up being that way. Any fan of zombie flicks or George Romero needs to have this in their collection because it's an essential piece that collectors I think are trying to find copies of for a decent price nowadays. Like I said, I was just lucky.

 Price I paid: $9.99

Where did I find it?: Amazon (US)

Print: Anchor Bay Entertainment/Synapse Films

Run#: 2,369

Movies Included: Dawn of the Dead (All separate discs: Original Theatrical Cut, Extended Cut, European Cut put together by Italian zombie master Dario Argento and The Dead Walk/Document of the Dead)

Is it worth it?: If you can roughly find it for the price I paid up to around about 40 or 50 bucks, hell fucking yeah! This is the definitive edition of the original Dawn of the Dead that every zombie fanatic needs to own. I just wish there was a blu-ray version. I would gladly upgrade and give my dvd version to someone who needs it.

Final: Just buy it. Even if you have to spend $259.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment