Monday, January 30, 2017

Exterminator 2


Watching the main character in a cheesy-ass action flick from the 80's, torching people with a flamethrower gives me a warm, spicy feeling of happiness. Most of the time in Exterminator 2, we get to watch Mario Van Peebles and his cult of gang-riddled jackasses tie a cop to a subway track and get flattened, some degenerate on roller skates kidnaps random women to force them against their will to shoot up some heroine, listen to terrible synth scored riffage while John and his pal parooze the city in his modified garbage truck and snuff some gutter trash along the way. I really wish that action flicks were still being made like this-where any sort of over the top aggression is acceptable, no matter how violent and extreme it may be. Watching bottom feeding scum getting char-coaled into human toast is just something that I needed in my life recently, and I feel like a more complete person for partaking in it. I want to extend my hand in thanks to you Cannon Group for taking the time to distribute the sequel to the original Exterminator, because that means more flamethrowers, more dickheads on roller skates and more junkie turd-fucks getting crushed by the compactor in the back of a garbage truck. I love the world I live in. 

Burnin' up the city-with a flamethrower.

I wish I had the balls to have a flamethrower just lying around the living room.

Hunka, hunka burnin' love!

You know you're ready for the apocalypse when one of your guys is on roller skates.

Get down with shitty, 80's dance music and some free beer from the local watering hole.

You are the messiah of.... what? The Toe Cutter? Lord Humongous? Thunderdome??

Flare guns can't be that accurate.

The sacrifice of a pig.

Hooker: "Looking for a date, honey?" Exterminator: "I'm not that hungry."

This assclown needs to knock it off with those roller skates.

Drinking and driving. That's the ticket to 80's romance.

    Sometimes I wish that all you needed to get in a chicks pants was booze and a car. Wait... sometimes that is all you need. The universal key to un-doing a woman's pants is liquor. I'm seriously getting off track here. If what you need at this very moment is watching John donning a welding helmet, a backpack full of jelly-gas and a military grade ignition source cooking some Terran toast, then by all means... Exterminator 2 is for you my friend. Mario Van Peebles as X was an excellent choice, and he played the main villain with a precision that I haven't seen in any kind of film in quite some time. He was just a nasty bastard, and it fit the context of the film perfectly. You just wanted him to get whacked when the time was right. And boy, at the end, the time really was right. Now I'm just feeling hot under the collar. I'm going to stop writing now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment