Saturday, January 21, 2017

Scarecrow


Before I purchased the double feature of Scarecrow and Scarecrow Slayer, I knew what I was getting myself into. I pre-emptively grew a culture in the back of my brain a long while ago when I first saw this dvd set that whispered words like "man in rubber suit" and "budget of $1,000", "piss poor acting" and anything else akin to the vocabulary that my b-movie seeking cerebellum could procure into something substantial. I have a problem with this. I never listen. Sometimes that ends up being good, and sometimes not so good. Either way, I some how end up being entertained. And you know what-the first Scarecrow film in this trilogy, in my honest opinion, was pretty worthy. The acting was dull, the dialogue was forced and lame, the kills were surprisingly gory and the scarecrow himself was the most agile horror movie villain I've probably ever seen. He was doing flips, cartwheels, spin-kicks, and all kinds of other acrobatics I wasn't expecting-all in the good name of decapitating people who trespassed in his corn field. He's a very territorial type of guy. I could tell that the people involved in making the films in this trilogy wanted this to be another iconic type of series much in the vein of Friday the 13th or Halloween or any of the other classic ones, but there's just no chance in hell that something like this would ever reach that plateau of celebrity. The production value just isn't there to back it up, and part of me wants to half way believe that that was on purpose.  

Now I'm just hoping that Tiffany Shepis shows her chest.

 Tip of the scythe.

Lame-ass kill.

Wow. I've had mentally abusive teachers before, but this one is a straight up bitch.

Tiffany Shepis with really short hair-ummm, fucking hot!

  Fire. Engine. Red.

I actually think that "scarecrow" is a pretty cool nickname.

Grand slam!

Drunken asshole! I hate close minded morons that can't appreciate great art.

Did the Disney Channel hire this band for this party? They suck!

 I never knew that Stephen King had a low-budget brother.

 Even scarecrow's fall on a hack job once in a while.

 There are an abundance of scarecrow horror movies out there, but zits and zombies, I'm telling you... Scarecrow was more entertaining than I expected it to be. All of the things that should be negatives against the movie that I mentioned above actually make it more charming than it should be. Even as dull and flaky as most of the characters act in this film, they help the film pull itself together into a nice, firmly packaged "what the hell did I just watch" kind of deal where you want to watch the sequel whether you like it or not. I haven't gotten around to watching Scarecrow Slayer yet, but when I do-I expect to see Tiffany Shepis' breasts hanging out at some point, and watching that rubber suit scarecrow flipping around all gymnast-like while chopping people's domes off and stabbing them in the ears with corn. Yeah, that actually happens. And so did this trilogy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment