Monday, January 16, 2017

The Mutilator (a.k.a Fall Break)


I've had my keen, bloodshot eye on The Mutilator ever since the Arrow Video blu-ray release was announced quite sometime ago. I did find a physical copy of it one time in an F.Y.E in the Fox Valley Mall here in Aurora, but I wasn't going to pay $32.99 for it. Any blu-ray, I don't care what it is, doesn't need that kind of a price tag. I know that F.Y.E has a bad habit of over-pricing their stock, but c'mon man-a slasher film that came out back in January of 1985 that has been remastered, packed full of extras and shoved onto a blu-ray disc shouldn't cost that much. $20 at the most. Not $32.99. Sheesh. The idea behind The Mutilator is an accidental act of psychological turmoil-and might actually happen-where a father's son wants to do something nice for his birthday so he decides to start cleaning papa's guns. And what happens? You guessed it... one of them is loaded, and the little tyke blows his mom away while she's in the middle of making daddy's birthday cake! (I hope those pussy-whipped anti-gun liberals never have a chance to see this film.) His dad comes home and sees his wife has a huge hole in her stomach and mentally falls apart. 20 years later, he stalks and kills most of his sons friends in his beach-side condo. Happy birthday, dad.

   Make sure that birthday cake is perfect now.

Every young boy should learn how to clean his father's rifles.

He fucking blew his mom away!

Back when phone booths still existed.

I'm sorry bro, but you're not even close to being a redhead.

 Jiving to a black guy about being discriminated. Now that's funny.

I feel like I'm watching the intro to an 80's sitcom.

There sure are a lot of "accidents" in this family, aren't there.

Always in the mood for some peaches and cream.

Chlorine may prevent you from getting herpes? That's rich.

I'm not to fond of cops either, but this guy is going just a bit to far.

As a slasher, The Mutilator is kind of generic in the sense that it's a main killer stalking people and killing them. That's fair enough. But what isn't fair to automatically place upon this artistic offering is how these people are killed. People get split with an axe, a chick gets a whaling hook stabbed into her genitalia and ripped through the top of her jeans, people's heads get lobbed off, a dude gets shredded by motor boat propellers.... all in the name of this guy's wife, who was blown away on accident 20 or so years prior. I get it-you're angry because your son accidentally shot your wife. But do all of his friends have to die too? Yeah, I guess. Or else there wouldn't be a movie. My final thought is that this film is silly, excruciatingly brutal and has just enough teenage energy to set itself apart. Now that I watched it on Amazon Instant Video, do I want the blu-ray? Yes, by all means yes-I'm just not going to pay $32.99 for it. Make sure the safety is on on that thing. No one else needs to die here.   

2 comments:

  1. We make an independent horror series called the cursed. Please check it out.
    https://youtu.be/jJyMata3WOE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, Stephen! I'll surely give it a go when I have the time!

      Delete